What happens when a hero may have killed a villain? What if it was an accident? On purpose? Maybe both?
- Elizabeth – Onyx
- Eric – Mechastar
- Kellie – Qing Long
- Matt – Mobius
- Richard – Stone
NPCs of Note:
- Agent McKenzie – Part of the investigative team from AEGIS
- Agent Nguyen – Part of the investigative team from AEGIS
- "The Interrogator" – Conducted the questions with Stone at AEGIS HQ
- "Legal" – Came to personally let Jake know AEGIS wouldn't be going forward with legal action
- Brad Elway – Was brought in by the team when it looked like they were getting into legal hot water, bro.
- Caleb Gardner – Called the team after they left the Moore Estate to let them know that some people were asking what happened to Abracadaver. Was he in custody or had the Oz Guardians killed him, or worse?
The team received a call from Caleb letting them know, off the record, that the police and some press were starting to question what happened to Abracadaver. Had he been defeated? If so where was he? The team decided to go talk to AEGIS, since they were always saying that they were there to help the Guardians interface with government and police agencies. However, AEGIS was busy and made an appointment for Monday to do the debrief.
In the meantime:
- Jake told JJ all about what happened. Jake confused asked his dad, if he killed Abracadaver and heroes don't kill people… even though his daddy wasn't a bad guy what does that make him?
- Onyx called Melanie, and much to her surprise answered. Happy to hear from her. Talking about how she looked forward to seeing her again.
- Qing spent long evenings and days with Dragon Eye in their civilian identities. However, she explained, again, that she could not consummate their relationship fully unless they were married. He, again, said he understood.
- Mechastar followed up with Erika and made sure she was okay after all the events. And, also worked to make his civilian identity seem like a rich spoiled snob by harassing the cops about his Lamborghini. He is concerned about a picture on one of the news programs showing him running towards his car, as that same camera might have caught him changing into his armor when he was defending the house.
- Mobius took Josh Jones, the power stealer, out into the woods and revealed himself. Letting Josh steal his powers and told him. "Don't sell the power, sell the legend." Implying that becoming a villain would only last so long. Then Sunday took Sarah, his girlfriend, to the dinner Mechastar arranged. They enjoyed it, but after someone tried to mug them to which Darren using his normal martial prowess stopped
On Monday the team went to AEGIS, built over the old Chamber, and explained everything that happened. McKenzie explained that unfortunately there are laws that cover this. And, a lot of what Legal chose to do was based around intent and the results of the an interrogation. Once Stone consented he was taken away to the chamber.
There he was asked a battery of questions ranging from those related to Abracadaver, to those about his personal life. At the end he was released and told that Legal would review the findings and he would be notified.
The team reached out to their legal rep, this totally awesome guy Brad Elway. So, he comes upstairs right? And, lays down some good sagely advice that would have covered their asses if the time came, bro.
The following day he was notified when a man arrived with the interrogator at his garage, asked to go to Jake's office. The interrogator asking as his assistant: opening doors and pulling chairs. The man told that AEGIS had finished reviewing the available information and determined not to press charges. And, that they would interface with other law enforcement agencies to explain the situation.
When he rose to leave Stone asked his name and the man simply answered, "Legal."
When Jake told the team the news they were elated. When asked about "Legal" Elway explained they often anonymize their legal and other non-field departments to protect them from vengeful people.
<If I left anything out let me know>